Monday, Sept. 21, 2020
10-10:30 a.m. EST; 7-7:30 a.m. PST
Season 10 Episode 35
The recent announcement by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) that it will be “ramping up” audits is quickly becoming a reality for providers across the country. Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC), Comprehensive Error Rate Testing (CERT), Recovery Audit Contractor (RAC), and Unified Program Integrity Contractor (UPIC) auditors are going full steam ahead, using data and analytics to assess overpayments via automated reviews – and new language in UPIC letters paints an ominous picture for providers they deem non-compliant.
Reporting our lead story during the next edition of Monitor Mondays will be Sean M. Weiss of DoctorsManagement, who will address these issues and the steps necessary to ensure a level playing field.
Other segments to be featured during the live broadcast include the following:
- RAC Report: Healthcare attorney Knicole Emanuel, a partner at the law firm of Practus, will file the Monitor Mondays RAC Report.
- SDoH Report: Ellen Fink-Samnick, a nationally recognized expert on the social determinants of health (SDoH), will report on the news that’s happening at the intersection of COVID-19 and the SDoH. Ellen will also conduct the Monitor Mondays Listeners Survey.
- Legislative Update: Former CMS official Matthew Albright, now chief legislative affairs officer for Zelis, will report on the status of healthcare legislation associated with the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, shareholder in the law offices of Fredrikson & Bryon, will join the broadcast with his trademark segment, reporting on legal implications during the pandemic.
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 RCM, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.