A Special 60-Minute Open Door Forum
Monday, Nov. 23, 2020
10-11:00 a.m. EST; 7-8:00 a.m. PST
Season 10 Episode 434
The next upcoming Monitor Mondays broadcast will encompass a special live open-door forum, coming at the intersection of compliance and the coronavirus – a jarring combination, in light of the fact that the continuing viral pandemic has claimed the lives of more than 250,000 and infected more than 11 million in the U.S.
It is here, at this critical point, that providers are reconciling a patchwork of regulatory waviers while addressing the urgent need of helping patients in their struggle to survive. Adding a layer of complexity is the spectre of audits and the ever-watchful eye of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Inspector General (OIG).
In recognition of the confusion, the next edition of Monitor Mondays will also be extended to 60 minutes, allowing for questions and answers.
Other segments to be featured during the live broadcast include the following:
- OIG Report: RACmonitor investigative reporter Edward Roche will report on the latest move by the OIG that faults Medicare contractors for being inconsistent in their review of extrapolated overpayments amid the appeal process.
- COVID-19: Frontline physician John Foggle will return to the broadcast to provide a real-time update on the raging spread of the coronavirus – at a time of widespread holiday travel for Thanksgiving.
- Special Report: Andrew Dombro, MD will report on the impact of COVID-19 on providers and patients engaged in chronic care management.
- Risky Business: Healthcare attorney David Glaser, shareholder in the law offices of Fredrikson & Bryon, will join the broadcast with his trademark segment, reporting on legal implications facing healthcare providers.
- Monday Rounds: Ronald Hirsch, MD, vice president of R1 RCM, will be making his Monday Rounds with another installment of his popular segment.
- RAC Report: Attorney Ashley Thomson, a partner at the law firm of Practus, will file the Monitor Mondays RAC Report.
- Legislative Update: Former Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) official Matthew Albright, now chief legislative affairs officer for Zelis, will report on the status of healthcare legislation associated with the current COVID-19 pandemic.
- SDoH Report: Ellen Fink-Samnick, a nationally recognized expert on the social determinants of health (SDoH), will report on the news that’s happening at the intersection of COVID-19 and the SDoH. Ellen will also conduct the Monitor Mondays Listeners Survey.
Register now to listen to this exclusive 60-minute live broadcast, coming up at 10 a.m. EST on Monday, Nov. 23, 2020.